So I am guessing you are a petite woman looking for inspiration in creating your capsule wardrobe? You have come to the right place. There are quite a few factors to consider when dressing if you are petite. One of the best things you can do is to consider petite brands.
Petite brands and collections are the best places to start. You can shop everywhere else, but you may well find yourself having to alter clothes frequently. Be careful when creating a petite capsule wardrobe, do your research on colour and style. Think about what you do on a weekly basis and how your wardrobe needs to serve you. Not the other way around. Choose your clothing wisely. I suggest investing in a few key petite range pieces that are specifically designed for you. Not only do petite brands consider length in limbs, but also the torso. Below is a list of the most common brands and ranges for petite women ranging from high end to the high street.
- Fleurette – Have gorgeous wool coats and jackets available in petite sizes.
- Boss – If you are looking for formal dresses for petite women, then Boss are fantastic for petite dresses suitable for the office.
- Eileen Fisher – Similarly, Elileen Fisher has a fantastic smart casual petite range.
- Frame – If you are looking for jeans Frame offer options for petite ladies.
- Wit And Wisdom – have regular and petite ranges in jeans and tops.
- Spanx – Have a decent range of yoga leggings in petite sizes.
- ASOS Petite – Have a huge range of clothing for petite ladies
- New Look – Also stock a decent petite range on the High Street
- Missguided – For cheap and cheerful check out Missguided.
- Top Shop – In recent years Top Shop have expanded their petite range.
There is even options for over 50s.
Macy’s – Offers a range of petite selections for the older woman.
Petite Style Tips
Now before we go on, one thing you need to be aware of is that how you dress is also dependant on your body shape. The advice I give you in this post is purely from a petite perspective. If you are looking for more personal guidance, you will benefit from my private services. Essentially, we want to try and elongate your legs. One of the best ways to do that is with either a high-waisted skirt or trousers. When you wear high-waisted you make your legs look much longer. Avoid a long baggy top which sits lower than your top hip. Preferably tuck it in at the waist.
Another tip is to wear V-neck tops because they will elongate the neck. It is preferable not to wear lots of different colours too. Keep patterns to a minimum and stick to two or three at most colours in one outfit. Vertical stripes will help elongate you.
Try to choose clothing that skims your body and avoid anything too baggy. It does not have to be a body-con dress, but avoid wearing anything loose from top to toe. If you choose to wear a belt, wear one the same colour as your trousers or skirt, that way it will not cut your body in two.
Over 40? Check out Fashion for petites over 40.