Clothes For A Petite And Plus Size Pear Shape
So you are looking for the best clothes for a pear shaped body? You have come to the right place. As a professional stylist for over twenty years I have lots of tips and suggestions to get you started. In this post I include options for a standard, petite and plus size pear shaped body. As a pear shape you tend to have a slim waist but your hips and bottom are slightly heavier than your top. The best way to dress is to address the imbalance. So what should you look out for? When searching for clothes consider the following;
- Wear darker colours on your bottom half.
- Choose brighter, patterned or lighter colours for your top half.
- If you are choosing a dress or top puff or detailed sleeves will help balance you out.
- Use scarves and necklaces to draw attention upwards.
- If looking at coats the fit and flare variety will be ideal for you.
- Off the shoulder, or Bardot necklines will work well for you.
- A horizontal neckline will appear to widen the shoulders.
- A wrap dress or top will enhance your waist.
- A shawl or large scarf draped around your shoulders will draw attention to your top half and widen your shoulders.
- Choose an A-line skirt that will skim your hips.
- Skirts on the knee or a little lower are best for a pear.
- Choose dresses and jumpsuits with an empire line to draw attention to your waist.
- Choose trousers and jeans that sit loose and fall straight to the floor in a straight or flared leg.
The Best Dresses For Pear Shapes
Below you will find some excellent choices for the best dresses for pear shapes. Consider fit and flare, empire lines and knee length or just below the knee.
Jeans For A Pear Shape
Generally, boot cut, flared or straight leg jeans work best on a pear. If you love skinny jeans, it is not that you can not wear them but be aware it will enhance that wider shape. Avoid anything with side pockets.
Skirts For A Pear Shaped Body
An A-line skirt is the most flattering for you. You can also wear flared or pleated skirts. A pencil skirt, in a similar fashion to the skinny jeans will show off that shape. If you are proud of it go for it, if you are not avoid the pencil styles.
Tops For A Pear Body Shape
A boat neck, Bardot, or off shoulder top work really well for you. You can also wear a square neck with puff sleeves or have detailing like a pussy bow to draw attention upwards.
How To Shop For Clothes For A Pear Shaped Body
So there you have it all my ideas on the best way to dress a pear shaped body. What have you found that works?
Remember, when shopping for a pear body shape the key is to balance out the hips at the top half of your body. Skim over the hips in darker shades and add detailing at the shoulders or neck, and choose brighter or lighter colours that your bottom half.
I hope you found that useful. For more professional help with your wardrobe I offer personal styling services. Also check out this info on pear shapes, The Best Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body and The Best Jeans For Pear shapes which both go into more detail.
**Please note this page contains affiliate links which means I earn a small commission on any links. This does not affect the price to you.