How To Dress An Apple Shape
So you are looking for the best clothes for an apple shape? You have come to the right place. With over twenty years of experience as a professional stylist, I have helped many apple-shaped women find their happy place and feel confident again in their clothes.
So if you are an apple shape, you are likely very unhappy about your middle where you hold the most weight. The best way to dress an apple shape is to draw attention away from the tummy and create shape where possible.
- Draw attention to your shoulders and neck with detailing.
- In tops and dresses choose styles that skim over your tummy. or tie at the waist
- If you are comfortable with it, use your cleavage to your advantage.
- If you have great legs choose a top on or just above the knee.
- Avoid clingy material
- Have a bra fitted to lift and separate.
- Choose tops that are ruched around the tummy.
- V necks will break up your body.
- Wear clothes with a straight open coat which will draw thew eye downwards.
- Asymmetric tops will work well on you
- Choose patterns to hide lumps and bumps.
All the clothes below suit all skin tones.
Dresses For An Apple Shaped Body
The best dresses for an apple shape either come in at the waist or gently skim over the tummy. Try to find options that come in under the bust.
The Best Jeans For An Apple Shape Body
The best jeans for all apple shapes should be either straight or loose fit. Either choose simple straight jeans or opt for chambray.
The Best Apple Shape Pants
Straight or flared trousers in either tailored or heavy weight jersey. Avoid anything with side detailing or pockets.
Skirts For An Apple Shape
Choose skirts that come in at the waist and then gently flare out. It will create shape.
Love Handle Shapewear For An Apple
Slimming Clothes For An Apple Shape
If you are looking to slim down your look select darker shades and try shapewear. When choosing shapewear consider the clothes that you wear over it to try and find the best style. For example if you are wearing a slim fitted dress then it might be better to choose a body shaper.
Also make sure your clothes come in under the bust which is the slimmest part of your body.
Finally, highlight those pins!
So there you have it my advice on clothes for an apple shape. I hope you have found it useful. What have you found that works for you? For personal advice on clothes and styling check out my personal styling membership.
**Please note this page contains affiliate links which means I earn a small commission on any links. This does not affect the price to you.