Hire A Fashion Stylist
So you are looking for virtual styling services online? You have come to the right place. I have worked as a professional stylist for 21 years, and during that time, there have been a lot of changes! So if you are looking for a personal stylist online, there are a few options to choose from and a few pitfalls you should avoid. There are wardrobe edits, personal styling packages, colour analysis services, body shape guides, personal shopping experiences and subscription boxes. However, don’t worry because I have you covered. In this post, I will explain all of the options to you so you can decide what works best for your needs and budget.
How To Find Virtual Styling Services
One of the first things you should think about is your end goal. Would you like to know what colours suit you? Do you want to know what styles suit your body shape? Do you hate shopping and want someone to do that for you? Are you frustrated and need help with it all, or do you need help for a particular occasion or job? There can be a multitude of reasons why you might be looking for virtual styling services. Below I have listed the most common services and how they can or can not help you.
- A Colour Analysis – A colour analysis will look at which colours suit your hair, eye and skin tones. This is a great place to start, especially if you have no idea what suits you. A colour analysis will give you a decent collection of colours that work well for you, so you can choose some you like from that selection.
- A Body-Shape / Style Guide – Similar to a colour analysis, a body shape style guide will label your body shape and ascertain what styles of clothes will work for you and which ones to avoid. Again this is an excellent choice if you are starting out as alongside a colour analysis; it gives you the tools to identify which styles will suit you too.
- A Personal Shopping Service – If you can not even bear the thought of shopping for clothes, then this one is for you. A traditional personal shopping service would either accompany you shopping or buy clothes for you and bring them to you to try on. A personal shopping service online is not much different. The stylist will listen to your needs and search for a selection of clothes online based on your needs, preferences, and lifestyle requirements. The service is usually delivered digitally with images and clickable links as to where you can buy.
- A Wardrobe Edit – In a traditional wardrobe edit, the stylist would visit your home to go through your wardrobe to discuss which clothes work and which should be replaced with an alternative. Also, during the session, the stylist will often identify potential outfits. A virtual wardrobe edit works similarly; only the edit takes place online in a zoom session or similar.
- A Personal Styling Package – These can come in several different shapes and forms. However, there are a few things you should look out for. How much experience does the stylist have? Look for an editorial or TV and film background; that way, you know the stylist has worked professionally in various locations with a variety of people. Stylists that have previous experience working for a store will have a limited background as they would only have dealt with a particular type of clientele and worked with a limited range of garments. A personal styling package should help you identify what suits you and what does not, both from your existing wardrobe and any potential items you choose to buy. A great stylist should also offer you the chance to get help with shopping for additional items, too, should you need it.
- A Personal Styling Membership – There are a few personal styling memberships available. This option is great if you already have a general idea of what works for you or want some ongoing help from a supportive community. Most memberships offer live Qand A sessions, regular special guests and access to seasonal capsule collections.
- Fashion Subscription Box – In recent years, the subscription box has become very popular. It is an excellent option if you are very clear about what suits you, what you like and do not mind an algorithm making the selections for you. Essentially you get what you pay for. Many of the ‘stylists’ that handpick your clothing are not stylists in the traditional sense. If you look at the requirements to join as a ‘stylist’, no previous experience is necessary—only a passion for fashion. Most of the ‘styling’ is chosen by an algorithm, and then the last is picked out by a ‘stylist’. It is not the best option for someone wanting one on one detailed support from a professional stylist. A Fashion subscription box is an excellent option if you love shopping and receiving packages but do not expect it to style you in the same way that a professional stylist will.
How Do I Find A Personal Stylist Near Me?
Traditionally you would need to search for a decent stylist near you, but now all that has changed. Virtual styling services provide comparable service that fits around you and your lifestyle. Since the start of the pandemic, the benefits have become even more popular with clients realising how much can be offered online; if you would prefer to hire a stylist to work with you in person, look in your local area for stylists with significant experience. Anyone can set themselves up as a stylist, but someone with ten or more years of experience will be able to offer you a lot more. Alternatively, open up the option and look online. Find someone with editorial, TV, or film experience because you then know they have worked with various people and locations and are familiar with a significant number of styles.
Personal Stylist For Men
A virtual styling services are not only for women. Men can benefit from their services too. Do you hate shopping? Do you need a wardrobe for a new job? Have you recently lost or gained weight? Are you newly single? Do you want help to identify a style that works for you? There can be many reasons why a virtual stylist can help you. Many men prefer a virtual stylist to an in-person one. It is more discreet, can be implemented at any time and gives you the convenience of ordering online no more shopping and no more feeling unattractive and no more frustration. A virtual stylist is a simple, quick and easy answer.
Ongoing Help From A Virtual Stylist
Once you have purchased your virtual styling services, you may benefit from some ongoing support. A personal styling membership can be the perfect answer. If you have already identified what suits you and you have started to create your dream wardrobe, then the ongoing support from a community on a similar journey can be incredibly beneficial. Monthly Q&As, special guests, styling tips and tricks and seasonal collections are just some things you can access in a membership community.