Planning Your Capsule Wardrobe
So you are looking to create a capsule wardrobe plan? You have come to the right place. I have lots of ideas for you. No capsule wardrobe is the same for everyone. We all have different lifestyles, live in different environments, suit different colour and styles and have unique tastes. The first step in creating your capsule wardrobe plan is deciding what you need.
Before you begin your capsule wardrobe plan, ask yourself the following questions. Once complete this will help you assess how many clothes you need in your capsule.
- Is your capsule wardrobe for the whole year, one session or two seasons, autumn/winter for example?
- Do you have a uniform for work? If not, do you have an implied uniform, for example, smart?
- What is the weather like where you live?
- What activities do you regularly do every week?
- Do you attend a sports class or club?
- Do you have any hobbies that require certain clothes?
- Do you have any special occasions like birthdays, weddings or christenings coming up?
- Are you at home a lot with the kids? Do you need clothes that are easy clean?
- Would you consider clothes that can only be dry cleaned?
- Do you have any hobbies you need clothes for? Painting, gardening or swimming?
All of the colours above suit every skin tone. Pick out what suits you and your lifestyle. To create a capsule wardrobe plan that works for you, emphasise the parts of your body you like and skim over the parts you do not. Do not drown them though, too many people wear huge baggy outfits to cover up parts of their body they do not like. All this does is make you look bigger. The garments I have selected will suit most body shapes.
Do you need help creating the perfect capsule wardrobe? Take a look at my one-on-one personal stylist online packages or for long-term help, check out my affordable personal styling membership.