So you are wondering what capsule wardrobe accessories you should include for party season? You have come to the right place. In this post, I discuss how to transform any outfit from day to night easily, how to decide what accessories to include in your capsule, and finally, I give you some ideas with links to consider.
One of the best ways to accommodate party season when you have a capsule wardrobe is to choose outfits that can transform from day to night.
Day To Night Outfit
The best way to enter party season with an outfit that feels and looks great, as well one that does not clutter up your wardrobe is transformation. Choose a dress or even jumpsuit in a simple, clean canvas colour in black, navy, charcoal, cream, burgundy, bottle green or another base colour that will go well with lots of others.
Find an outfit with simple lines and no fuss. Avoid anything seasonably fashionable, flouncy, frilly or with signature detailing. Using a simple base allows you to use accessories to either dress it up or dress it down. The result will cost you less, reduce decision fatigue and take up less space in your capsule closet.
The key is to change your shoes, maybe add a scarf, change your bag and add a little jewellery and an outfit can go from day to night.
What To Include In Your Capsule Wardrobe
It is worth having a few accessories in a capsule wardrobe for special occasions and parties. Try to choose something that will complement a variety of events rather than the first one that comes to mind. Find a pair of shoes, jewellery, a bag and possibly a scarf that you can repeatedly use when an evening invite arrises.
If you are looking for accessories, the general rule is that if you are petite, you are better off with more delicate jewellery, smaller bags and less chunky heels and if you are taller you can afford to go a little heavier.
If you are shapely, choose a chunkier heel on your shoes or sandals to balance you out.
In regards to gold and silver jewellery and capsule wardrobe accessories, if you are warm-based, choose gold or cool-based select silver. If you do not know what base your skin has look at the inside of your wrist, blue veins indicate a cool based skin tone and green veins indicate warm.
Ideas For Your Capsule Wardrobe Accessories This Party Season
- Jimmy Choo Misty Glitter Sandals – Leg lengthening, sparkly, minimalist and elegant. The perfect shoe to complement and enhance any evening outfit. £595
- Saint Laurent Opyum YSL Pointed Toe Pump – This unique statement court shoe is balanced on an interlocking YSL logo heel. The upper is in patent leather. £815.50
- Steve Madden Ivana Mid Heel – If stilettos are tricky for you a medium height with more weight might be better. Open toe sandal with an ankle strap and mid-block heel. £90
- Manolo Blahnik Hagisi Pointed Toe Pump – Rose gold pump with a cristal covered broach on the toe. £815.50
- Jimmy Choo Brea Crystal Embellished Sandal – Embellished with crystals on the slim minimalist strap this sandal is supported with a mid-rectangular heel.
- ASOS Design – Elegant slingbacks with an ankle tie. £30
- Jimmy Choo Glitter Sweetie Clutch – Covered in rose gold glitter and lined in real leather. Comes with an elegant chain strap and finished off with an embossed logo. The perfect going out bag that will complement any outfit for many years. £475
- Valentino Clutch bag – Foldover clutch bag in brushed silver with a chain handle. £59
- Alexander McQueen Satin Knuckle Clutch – A signature clutch with a knuckle clasp which adds edgy elegance to a simple black frame.
- Astrid & Miyu Long Link Chain – Minimal style, lobster clasp in an open link chain in sterling silver. £89
- Tommy Hilfiger Box Chain Necklace – Gold necklace with two branded charms on a fine chain presented in a branded box. £69
- Tommy Hilfiger Rose Gold Bangle Bracelet – Engraved branding, hinge clasp closing a slim band.
- Silver Kate Spade Bangle – Thin minimalist design with a branded clasp fastening.
- Alexander Mcqueen Chunky Bracelet – Timeless, chunky silver in a simple design. £650
- Valentino Rock Stud Thin Bracelet – Three iconic Valentino studs complement this simple, classic bracelet. £205
- Boodles Platinum and Diamond Raindance Cluster Necklace – I can personally vouch for Boodles. I know the family well, and they produce some of the most beautiful designer jewellery in the world. This necklace is part of the raindance collection which is inspired by raindrops glistening in the sun. £11,000.
- White Gold Be Boodles Pendant – Taking inspiration from antique lace; this necklace embodies designs only possible in the finest jewellery. £2100.
Weekend Max Mara Silk Scarf – Vibrant patterns made in the finest silk will enhance any outfit. £90
Alexander McQueen Silk Stole – Made from liquid silk this scarf gives a gentle but darker side to the traditional floral silk scarf with the flowers making the face of a skull. £320
Burberry Large Square Scarf – Made from silk and wool, this scarf will keep out the cold on a cooler evening. £690
For long-term help with building a capsule check out my personal styling membership.